Information for Team Managers
World Trophy - 25 September 2005
Latest Information (12 September 2005)
Please use the following link to download a copy of the recent mailing to Team Managers
(292kb) Printable PDF of the September Newsletter - includes entry and
(260kb) Printable PDF of the June Newsletter - includes important info about booking travel and accommodation
Latest Information (7 Jan 2005)
Please use the following links to download copies of recent mailings to Team Managers
(260kb) Printable PDF of the preliminary entry form for your team
(180kb) Printable PDF of the Letter of invitation from Athletics New Zealand
(136kb) Printable PDF of the December Newsletter - includes provisional travel and accommodation info
Printable Team Manual
Download a printable PDF of the Team Manual here (1.203Mb):
The technical meeting will take place on Saturday 24 September at 4pm (16:00hrs) in the Renouf
Foyer of the Michael Fowler Centre. Each team must be represented by one person and, if required,
Meeting will be presided by WMRA president, the Event Director and the Race Director.
- Presentation of Delegates and Competition Officials
- Technical information about the race including start/finish, distance, laps, track conditions, markings, medical and drink stations on course
- Start procedures and Call room
- Finish procedures
- Individual and Team Classification and procedure in the case of a tie
- Doping Control
- Award Ceremonies
- Transport arrangements for departures
- Answers to written questions
- Distribution of bib numbers
- Allocation of start box
Accreditation will take place at the Town Hall at the following times:
|Thursday 22nd||12:00 to 18:00|
|Friday 23rd||09:00-12:00 and 14:00-18:00|
Team Managers are requested to submit their final list, with names of all team members at the Technical
Meeting on Saturday 24th at 4pm. Team list must include: first
and last names and date of birth. Passports for juniors must be sighted to confirm date of birth.
Thursday September 22nd
Council Chambers (alongside Civic Square)
Wellington mayor, Kerry Prendergast, will host a reception for WMRA Council and Team Managers. Invitations will
be given to Team Managers and WMRA Council at the Accreditation Centre.
Booking Air Travel
Flights must be booked by July 31st 2005, to qualify for the subsidy for competitors.
The following information will be collected from country representatives at the 2004 championships in Sauze d'Oulx.
If your country was not contacted then please email your answers to
email@example.com by September 30th, 2004:
- Do you expect to have a team competing in Wellington. Yes / No
- Your name, email address and official team position.
- Likely number of competitors and officials travelling to Wellington.
- Preferred departure airport for your team.
- Preferred departure dates and expected numbers travelling on each date (if more than one departure date).
- Preferred departure dates from Wellington and numbers travelling on each date.
Once we have the above information, Qantas will be in contact with you directly to explain the booking
procedure and to confirm airfares. Note that the above requested information is indicative only and will
serve as a guide for planning.
- All accommodation bookings for the official hotels must be made through the World Trophy Office -
- For official team member bookings, we require team managers to provide the following information:
- Team Manager contact details.
- Preferred accommodation venue (for details please see the travel and accommodation page).
- Breakdown of male and female competitors and officials together with arrival and departure dates
- Breakdown of male and female supporters, together with arrival and departure dates, wanting to stay
with the team
- Nights before the 22nd and after the 25th are chargeable at NZ$30 per person per night (accommodation
only) for Base, Wellington YHA and Wildlife House. The Bay Plaza is nZ$60 per person per night. Meals
are not included.
- Supporters must pay for every night at the above rates
- Accommodation is limited so preference will be given to official team members. Should the official
accommodation not be available for supporters then we will reccommend alternative venues.
- Initial accommodation numbers must be forwarded to the Organisers by September 30th, 2004 -
- Number confirmation, with 50% deposit, must be made direct to the hotel by July 31st, 2005
- Names will full payment must be made direct to the hotel upon arrival.
- All other costs (hotel bar, telephone, etc) must be paid by the team leaders to the hotel before departure.
Upon arrival at your hotel, Team Managers may check their team in at the front desk. Your team will have been
assigned room types prior to arrival.
Meals will be provided as detailed in the programme for official accredited team members only.
You must present your event ID to receive the official meals. Teams will be informed of the venue for their
meals at their official hotel or at the Accreditation Centre.
Please refer to the event information page for other important information about